Vegan Hot Cross Bun Bliss Balls
Mix it up
With the risk of jinxing ourselves, this recipe is foolproof. There are so many possible variations that will have an equally delicious outcome. Sometimes the worst part about cooking from a recipe is that there is an obscure spice or ingredient you don't have handy, so you never get around to making it. This is not one of those recipes. Use this as a guideline and feel free to add your own flavour, or what you have available in the pantry.
Here are a few of our suggestions:
*Nuts - cashews or almonds work well, but a mixed bag would also do. You could even add in a few seeds, like poppy or sesame, if that's your vibe.
*Spices - nutmeg, cinnamon, mixed spice, vanilla.... make a mixture or only use one. There are so many spices that make us think of Easter, you can't go wrong with any of them. Just stick to 2 teaspoons.
*Currants/raisins - if you wanted to add a slightly more fruity flavour you could use dried cranberries.
- 1 cup of dry roasted *Nuts
- 10 pitted-dates
- 2 teaspoons of *Spices.
- 1/3 cup of *Currants/raisins
* Optional: Coconut shavings or crushed nuts
1. Blend the nuts, dates and spices together to form a sticky crumb. Pulse in the currants/raisins.
2. Roll the mixture into balls and set in the fridge.
3. Once set, roll in coconut or crushed nuts if you like.
4. Try not to eat them all at once.
Enjoy, Hippies. If you made any really yummy alterations please let us know. We would love to hear about them.